Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wedding Wednesday!


Today will be my last week of Wedding Wednesday!

This week I will recap my reception/dances!




Zach and I danced to Luther Vandros and Mariah Carey's version of Endless Love for our first dance.

Then for the mother son dance he and his mom danced to My Wish by Rascall Flatts.


As most of you know by know I lost my dad when I was 12 years old. My brother at the time was 5. I wanted to dance with my dad's dad for this dance, but he got sick and passed away in March before our wedding. So it was up to my extremely shy brother to do the honors. I asked him and he agreed although i wouldn't call it dance since he just stood there.

It took me a while to pick a song, I thought about My girl, because that was my dad's song to me.
Then I said what about One Sweet day and play it in honor and memory of him.
Finally I decided on Dance with my Father, the words were absolutely perfect. Everyone told me i was going to cry. I managed to hold it together until we turned to take a picture for someone and i saw my grandmother(my dad's mom), she was crying. Seeing her and my mom and everyone on my side of the room crying, I lost it.



Ohh well! The food was amazing, we had so much food i cannot even remember it all, we had soup, salad, shorbet and for the main course filet minon and 2 jumbo baked stuffed shrip.

Then for dessert we had a white chocolate swan with chocolate moose flambe and a huge chocolate covered strawberry, not to metion the yummy cake.




Finally all the fun and dancing began!

Next week I have more pictures as I am sharing the album I made in photoshop and ordered on Shutterfly!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Sorry your dad wasnt there to experience that moment... That was great of your little brother to step in

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reception was beautiful. I teared up just looking at you dancing with your brother! I can't even imagine. YOu are such a beautiful and strong woman!

    ReplyDelete