Sunday, June 20, 2010

Im Back!!!!





I'm back! Yay! Sorry it has been a long week since the last time i posted. Here is a brief recap of my crazy busy hectic week which will hopefully explain why I have been missing:

My last post was last Saturday: Before I recap Saturday I will let everyone know that Friday night we had to go to the ER because Zach had food lodged in his throat. Very scary and he still cannot eat much solid food. :(
Saturday was my brothers graduation, we were busy all day from going to the graduation to eating a huge dinner and seeing my 93 year old aunt then went and to see my friend Stacey! (I will recap with pictures later)

Sunday was my brothers graduation party, however prior to the party Zach and I went to a friend of our soccer game to say hi to him, then met his family at David's bridal because his sister invited me while she searched for dresses. From David's bridal we went straight to my moms for the party. After the party we went to Jamestown to play cards with Zach's best friend and his girlfriend. (I will post pictures later of this too).

Monday was our last day in RI. We spent the day packing and spent time with mom. We got our favorite subs for lunch that we can't get in Georgia. We left mom's and headed to North Kingstown to meet Zach's family for wing night at our favorite restaurant. We did this last year too so it is becoming a ritual.

Tuesday morning we left at 4am. We got as far as Penn, and Zach was sick and needed me to drive. 10 1/2 hours later I drove us home. We got home at 8, unloaded the car, just in time for the Celtics game.

Wednesday was a typical day after a vacation day..loads and loads of laundry and grocery shopping. My brother is down here in Georgia with us for a little while so I helped him get his room set up.

Thursday was more running around, cleaning and so on. I also had to tutor and meet up with my trainer. Then it was game 7 for the Celtics which sadly we lost(Aimee you do have to admit it was a good game)

Friday I went to the gym and helped my brother look for a job. Friday night we met Zach at Longhorn for dinner.

Saturday (yesterday) i guess you can say in honor of fathers day my brother and I went to see Toy story 3. My brother was obsessed with this right around the time that my dad passed away. So he has a connection to it. How ironic is it that in Toy Story 3 Andy is going to college, and my brother just graduated from high school! After the movie he we ran some errands and came home. I was tired and fell asleep.

On to Getting to Know you Sunday!

Getting to know YOU


*to play..copy the questions..answer them..then come back here and link up*


The questions..

1. While at the beach, pool, etc..Do you cover up your assets or show them off? They tend to get shown off :)
2. Road trips or Plane trips?
Both! I would much rather take a plane, but if it is a fun road trip I can't pass it down.
3. I can't stand it when...?
People cut me off when I'm driving.
4. Have you ever gone topless at the beach?
No! I am not brave enough for that.
5. How many blog carnivals do you do a week?
What is a blog carnival?? Someone help me out with this question?????
6. My favorite thing about the weekend is...?
Sleeping in!! Spending time with Zach if he is off.
7. Pancakes or waffles?
Love them both and don't eat them alot they are all too fattening...lol but I love Belgium waffles with strawberries and whip cream.
8. Water Park or Amusement Park?
Amusement park because both have way to long of lines and I would rather ride more rides then wait forever in them, water parks don't have flash passes.
Head over to MANNLANDs to link up

And last but not least my Father's day post!
As you all know that I lost my dad almost 14 years ago. He passed on October 14, 1996. I shared my love for Mariah Carey and the relation to my dad here.

I also wrote a poem for my dad.

I unique figure came to me,
It's beauty set me free
It flew around me in the fall, as a sign to be strong and tall.
It helped me through I'll never forget, How I was upset.
Daddy's little girl lost her dad, it made her sad.
He left her to grow and always remember, He'll stay in her heart always and forever.
She sees a butterfly she knows is him, always on her shoulder until the end!

RIP Dad xoxox


My grandfather passed away last March. Usually for father's day I am calling him to say hi and happy father's day.

I am sitting on my gradfather's lap in this picture and my dad is standing behind him.
I am down to 1 person left to celebrate father's day with until I have kids that is. My father in-law!
Happy father's day Mr. Tobin and to all the other father's out there!

2 comments:

  1. What a busy week you've had!

    Can't wait to see pictures..

    I loved your poem, and pictures of your dad and grandfather. Its still great to remember them! To cherish the memories you have of them!

    Hope your father in law had a great fathers day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back honey! Just wanted to let you know you've got an award on my blog.....

    http://romancingrachel.blogspot.com/2010/06/check-me-out.html

    ReplyDelete