Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You asked and I answered:

Thats right! I asked you all to ask me anything and I would post my responses so you could all get to know me better. Thanks so much for all that asked me questions.

1. Christa asked: Do you have any advice for future teachers?My best advice is to use the resources in your school. Veteran teachers that are willing to share are amazing. Also don't go crazy buying things right away. You need time to figure things out. Also use this website: www.donorschoose.org
It is a website where you write proposals and people donating money and you get supplies for your classroom. I pretty much have the entire Lakeshore catalogue for Kindergarten thanks to this website :)
What do you like most about teaching?I love the fact that I can teach and teach and teach and the kids don't look like there getting it then out of the blue they do. It is so exciting to see them happy and proud of themselves that they did get it!

I had a student today that made me so proud. We have been reviewing because next week we have the BIG CRCT tests.... Well anyway today we did math all day. This student is your average student at the same time is mr popular and mr cool. He doesn't like to show that he is smart. Today he worked with one of his friends and one of my gifted kids. Well every so often they had a question and came up to me for help. I always say what do you think the answer is. Well my average, cool student was right every time and surprised the gifted kid. I was so proud of him and I think he was proud of himself too.

2. Llama asked: Do you miss teaching Kindergarten? What are the pros and cons to the different worlds? I definitely miss Kindergarten. The babies are so cute and fun to work with. The pros of 5th grade is that they are old enough to work independently, read directions I write on the board and they understand more. The cons are that some are bigger then me, also they have have bigger attitudes, wondering minds and don't care about school as much. They also have way more testing.

3. Shelby asked: Whats my favorite thing to make?This is hard....I love baking almost anything. My favorite thing would be all the cookies I make at Christmas time, which include:
Italian Anisette cookies
rolo cookies
Peanut butter blossoms
Peanut butter krispy balls
rum balls
Peanutbutter cup brownie bites
mint chocolate chip cookies
paula deen chocolate gooey butter cookies

I also love making Triffles: My favorite is chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, cool whip and Heath bar topping!!

4. Lindsey asked: If you could have lunch with anyone dead or alive who would it be?I would probably have to say my dad. I would love to sit and talk to him one last time. I wasn't able to say goodbye to him since his death was sudden and he was in another state. I would love for him to see me today and what I have accomplished and meet my husband. There are so many things I would want to ask him as well.
I do want to cheat and answer it for someone that is alive and I would pick Mariah Carey. She is my favorite female singer. I would love to meet her and ask her about why she writes some of her songs and if they have personal connections to them. Maybe some day I will get to meet her!
Love this question thanks Lindsey!

5. Kendra asked: What do you miss most about RI:I definitely would say my family and friends...that's the obvious one though....so other than then what I miss most is the "mom and pop" places to eat like Casertas Pizza on Federal Hill, Marchetti's in Cranston. I also miss Sip and Dip coffee, Brewed Awakening coffee shop and places like that. I miss Newport and having the beach 20 mins away and little shops on Thames st. Thats it.

Thank you girls for your questions! If anyone has anymore questions feel free to post comment's and I can answer some more!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA, I read your response to my questions and I couldn't agree more. Brewed Awakenings is on my way to school (RIC) and I always stop, and Marchetti's is simply to die for.! I can't wait to get out and find new places though.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love that you said Sip n Dip! I go every time I'm home!

    ReplyDelete