Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Moms!

This week for Thankful Thursday I wanted to be thankful for my mom! She has been my best friend since I was born. Literally. I remember her telling me stories about when I was little she would ask who my best friend was and I would say her! As I got older and went through my terrible teenage years we reminds close. I told her everything, some things she probably didn't want to know but I told her. When she asked me if I did or had done things I told her. One thing she always taught me was to tell the truth! She truely is my backbone. I even had her walk me down the isle at my wedding. Even if my dad was still alive I always said my mom would walk me down the isle. (If he was alive I would have him too :)

Almost four years ago I was getting ready to graduate college and went to a job fair. Rhode Island being such a small state there were little to no teaching jobs. I jokingly applied to Miami, Arizona, South Carolina and Georgia. Thinking one, they won't hire me, and two my mother would never let me move that far away.....lol. Well after my interview with the representative from Georgia I called my mom. I told her that they offered my a job and want me to go and meet with Principals. She was so excited...thats right she was happy...I was shocked.
To make a long story short I got the job and she let me move with Zach 1000 miles away under 1 condition, That I call her every day even if it is a Hi, Bye conservation, just so we can hear each others voice and know that we are ok. It was hard at first but it has made us stronger.
After getting married she has kept our conservations to a minimum on days Zach is off because she doesn't want to take time away from my husband...lol. So today I just wanted to share how thankful I am to have a mother that is such an important part of my life.
Yes this is my bachelorette party! My mom of course came, and she had so much fun with us! :)
This is me, my mom and my brother Spring Break 2009 in Cancun Mexico!

Are you close with your mom?

Stay tuned! I will be announcing my giveaway soon!

5 comments:

  1. What a great post! I am also very close with my mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, this is adorable.! I had no idea you were from little Rhody.! I am too. It must be a Rhode Island thing. I love my mom so much and she is my best friend.! Love this post.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma's are wonderful!!! I am catching up on blog reading...got behind this week...crazy at work!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really close to my mom too! I don't know what I'd do without her!

    ReplyDelete