Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap!


Friday:
Friday after school I went home and Zach and I went back to school to pack up my Kindergarten room. This school year I started teaching Kindergarten, then got moved to 5th grade in late September. Next year I am teaching 3rd grade, thus the reason for me getting my stuff out of my kindergarten room. After we packed most the room up we went and watched the night performance of the Seussical play that the 5th graders did. If you remember last week I blogged about doing all the props and backdrop for the set. It was an awesome show. I am so proud of them. I had 10 students in the play.
The main character Horton was a student of mine:
Then I had 2 girls that payed bird girls, 1 girl that was a who, 4 kids that worked backstage &
2 girls that were in chorus

After the play Zach and I went home and rented a movie. We watched Edge of Darkness!
overall it wasn't that bad. It was hard to follow at first but it was ok. Zach loved it.

Saturday:
Saturday morning my gym had Launch. Launch is when the new routines for classes is released. They make a big deal out of this and it is really fun. Stupid me though it was a good idea to take 3, yes 3 classes. First was step at 8:00am, then pump at 9:00am, then combat at 10:00am. They were all very hard but so much fun and i survived.

OK on to the bad news. During step I rolled my foot. I kept going and ignored the pain. I finished all three classes and went on with my day as normal.

After the gym I had a graduation party. A good friend of mine from Kindergarten Kathy's son graduated from High School. He is the same age as my brother and so we joke and say that he is my Georgia brother. Here is a picture of us at the party.


After the graduation party I met Zach for dinner. We went to our favorite restaurant, Longhorn. I am a huge fan of Sangria, and the finally added it to their menu. It was so good!!

Sunday:

OK so here is what I was planning to do on Sunday:
  1. clean house
  2. laundry
  3. go tanning
  4. go to the gym
  5. go to the grocery store
  6. get all lesson plans done

Here is what I did:
  1. took a 4 hour nap due to a migraine
  2. iced my foot 3 times because i woke up and it was swollen and in pain :(
  3. did a little laundry
I know not good. One because I got nothing accomplished and too I have a sore foot! :( Hopefully it will get better fast.

Hope you all had a great weekend! I have 8 days left of school!!! YAYYAY!

There is still time to enter in my Summer Fun Swap! Click here for details!


3 comments:

  1. Sangria is always a plus. :) Sorry about your foot chica! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHH I can't wait to have some Sangria!

    Hope your foot is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 3 horus in a row of classes. You are intense. Take care of that ankle girl!!

    Other than that your weekend sounded fantastic.

    ReplyDelete